Remember when, in order to share all the cool stuff you’ve been up to, you had to cram all your amazing images into a crazy cramped collage? Those days are looooong gone, friends.
Instagram now allows you to share as many as 10 photos, videos, and/or boomerangs in a swipeable gallery! It’s a super cool new feature that makes us (*heart*) Instagram even more than we already did. So the big question is how can you actually use this new feature to be awesome?
Here’s our Top 5 Instagram Gallery Content Suggestions:
Epic Vacation Montage
- Make us jelly-jealous of your latest trip to Cabo. (We’ll be jealous no matter what you post. Promise.)
- Create a best of gallery:
- Use video to show us just how much fun a night out at the hottest club can really be!
Fashionistas & Fashionisters
- Show us how to wear it and where to buy it.
- Did you make it? Create a product gallery.
- Shows how to be hawt transitioning day to night, or from club to club!
Drab to Fab Before and After’s
- Hot new brow technique? Show us in a step-by-step how to.
- Cat-theme remodeling your boss's office without her permission while she’s outta town? For sure show us that, cause we’ll wanna see!
- Techno-nerd timeline metadata makeover? Ya, sure. There’s an audience for that too! #TimelineTuesday
Workshops Seminars and Events
Behind the Scenes
- Work at the hippest new start-up in the city? You can finally prove that your office is way cooler than the rest of ours by showcasing your lunchtime ping-pong tourney’s and 4PM restorative yoga classes.
- Working in the food industry? Show us how it’s made, why it’s tasty, and where we can buy it. Or better yet, surprise an unsuspecting office with free snackies. (Note: our office is always up for free snackies!!)
- Organizing an event? Create teasers in advance to generate buzz! Post-promote with candid party shots, and cool behind the scenes moments!
When you’re posting, keep in mind that “...Instagram isn’t (just) about sharing photos anymore. It’s a lifestyle platform…”
So if you think of galleries as an opportunity to share a dynamic visual story that gives us a taste of what it’s like to live your gorgeous life, we’ll keep on swipin’!
Because it’s a new feature, we might not realize that you’ve created an Instagram Gallery. (Those little blue dots at the bottom are easy to miss.) Consider making a “cover page” type of image with a call to action inviting us to swipe left.